Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Check out "Hump Day" in today's Times & Transcript: "The first child gets a whole album of photos"

Don't forget to check out "Hump Day" appearing on the editorial page (pg. D6) of today's Moncton Times & Transcript. Today's column is about being the first-born in a family of three siblings and how my parents documented every moment of my babyhood in photos -- while ignoring my brother's and sister's. While there are many great photos, some of them just shouldn't have been taken. I'll let you read it to figure out why. :) It will be posted here tomorrow if you don't have access to the password-protected area of the online edition or are not in the Moncton area.

4 comments:

WindWhisperer said...

Ha! I'm the middle child in a family of 3 siblings, and that same dynamic of picture taking is reflected in my family too...there's thousands of pics of my big sister, and virtually none of me and my little sister.

Brian Cormier said...

I think I'll be hearing that a lot! Ha! Thanks for the comment.

scott said...

I was the youngest of the family so I know what it means to wear handmedowns. I'll have to admit though, I didn't care all that much. However, I'm sure if I was a kid today I would be the laughing stock of the school in my poorly stitched and defective "Winners" apparel.

Brian Cormier said...

About the only things I could have handed down to my brother were socks. LOL I was always two feet taller (and wider) than he was. Then there was my sister. So we all had to have our own clothes. I don't think any of us ever had hand-me-downs.