Saturday, June 14, 2008

My Top 10 favourite Canadian Idol performances: #3

My #3 favourite Canadian Idol performance of all time is the FOURTH one (making my Top 10) from the 2004 tribute episode to Canadian music legend Gordon Lightfoot.

Theresa Sokyrka came in second to winner Kalan Porter that year. She was a favourite to win from the first episode but just couldn't overtake the Kalan juggernaut that was obviously not going to be possible to stop. Since the show, she's had a successful solo career, with her sincere and warm personality attracting fans everywhere she goes.

On the Gordon Lightfoot tribute episode, Theresa performed a beautiful rendition of Song for a Winter's Night. I remember very clearly that evening, as the nights were getting shorter, there was a nip of fall in the air (just barely - but still) and the back-to-school sales were in full force. Fall was coming... and winter would soon follow.



Check out my previously announced Top 10 entries:

#10: Jacob Hoggard - Sundown
#9: Greg Neufeld - All These Things That I've Done
#8: Kalan Porter - If You Could Read My Mind
#7: Kalan Porter - Awake In A Dream
#6: Chad Doucette - Tonight I Want To Cry
#5: Greg Neufeld - I'm Ready
#4: Shane Wiebe - The Way I Feel

No comments: