Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Canadian Idol predictions for the week of August 11, 2008

SPOILER ALERT: The name of the eliminated contestant is at the end of this post.

Hi everyone! Just a quick review of last night's show. Overall, it was really great! The past few weeks have been really awesome, so Canadian Idol fans can be happy about that. Unfortunately, there are no videos online of last night's performances (I knew I should have recorded it on my computer!), so unfortunately I can't highlight my favourites.

With that said, my favourites were Mitch MacDonald, Theo Tams and Mookie Morris. All three of these guys did an amazing job! Only Drew Wright was roundly criticized by the judges, but even he didn't do too badly!

My prediction for the bottom three tonight is: Amberly Thiessen, Earl Stevenson and Drew Wright, with Drew going home. Although he's never been in the bottom three yet this season, I just don't see Drew's appeal to the audience. No charisma. No set style. That doesn't mean he isn't talented, though. He's a great singer... but there's just no buzz around him at all when you compare him to the other singers. We could be in for a bit of a surprise, though, with one of the three Albertan singers going home - Amberly, Earl or Theo - which would be a shocking upset. If it's not Drew, however, it'll be Earl.

Let's see what happens tonight!

____________________

BOTTOM THREE: Earl, Amberly, Drew

ELIMINATED: Amberly

7 comments:

Barbara said...

I agree with you Brian.Also,I found it funny that the judges dissed Drew yet loved Earl.I didn't think that Earl was all that great.

Hey, did you catch Zack's comment after Mookie sang? It was hilarious! After finishing his 2 cents worth of niceness he said "oh whatever" or "or whatever" under his breath.I think that some weeks the judges are directed to only say nice things even if they don't believe them.

Barb

Barbara said...

I just saw the elimination.I thought that it was so mean the way that Ben led the 3 seated on the couch to believe that they were safe.Not cool.
Theo looked particularly sad that Amberly was voted off.Is there something going between them IRL?

Barb

Brian Cormier said...

I knew what Ben was doing. He didn't say the ones standing next to him on stage were safe. It was a trick!

As for Theo and Amberly being an item, you obviously missed Theo openly admitting he was gay on the first show. Ben asked him if he'd ever broken up with someone and he told a quick story about breaking up with "him", etc.

Brian Cormier said...

I meant "the ones standing next to him were in the bottom three"... oops!

Barbara said...

Yes, I did miss that show. :-)

Barb

Barbara said...

Judging by their reaction though,the ones sitting on the couch did believe that they were safe.In the past they have had the safe ones seated and the bottom 3 standing.It was just a sad way to do things.

Barbara

Brian Cormier said...

Probably just a way to keep people guessing! :)