Thursday, March 26, 2009

American Idol: Idol Chatter for Thursday, March 26, 2009

I was initially annoyed that the show's producers decided to do a second Motown show this season, but after Adam Lambert's amazing rendition of "Tracks of My Tears" last night, I'm glad they did.

Even people who aren't Adam fans were raving about his performance - and he got a heartfelt standing ovation from this week's mentor, Smokey Robinson. Adam dumped the nail polish, the new-wave hairstlye and the makeup in favour of a classy suit. He was the star of the night and has clearly emerged as the one to beat with Danny Gokey's star falling (he reminds me so much of Taylor Hicks), Lil Rounds continuously coming up short, Scott MacIntyre not meeting expectations, and powerhouse Allison Iraheta not being able to completely connect with the audience.

Matt Giraud and Kris Allen continue to shine and rise up the ladder as they exceed expectations every week.

Two contestants, in my opinon, are no-brainers for the bottom two. (You'll have to read the column to find out who!) It's really a toss-up at who's going home this week, though. Either one of these two could go - and one deserves to go more than the other - but I think one's fan base is large enough to save them for one more week... and only one more week.

Click here to read my Idol Chatter column in today's edition of the Moncton Times & Transcript.

2 comments:

Phoff said...

This is the first time I've followed AI so closely. It's fun.

Although you seem to favour Adam, who is amazing, my personal favourite is still Allison.

Whether or not she connects with the audience is a matter of interpretation (and votes, I suppose), but she completely blow me away.

This is simply my personal choice, as I also think Adam is in a class of his own. His rendition of "Tracks of My Tears" was stunning.

In my books, it's a toss up. I get a feeling, however, that you may be right about how the fans connect more with Adam than Allison.

Brian Cormier said...

I check out online fan polls a lot and Allison is always at the bottom. That's why I say she is not connecting. The same thing happened with Alexis Grace - she was a judges' favourite but was always at the bottom of fan polls, so I could see that she was not connecting. I wasn't surprised by her exit.