Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Forbes names top 25 web celebs


Many people have a little corner of the web these days. Lord knows, I'm doing my part to carve out my own... however some have become veritable web celebrities ("web celebs"). Through blogs, YouTube and other means, these individuals have made a mark for themselves on the web and have amassed huge followings.

A few surprises: The only major YouTuber on the list is Shane Dawson. I subscribe to -- and like -- his videos, however there are others I would have put above him, including Fred, Nigahiga, Kevjumba, Sxephil, Charlieissocoollike, Cory "Mr. Safety" Williams and a few others. But hey -- it's a thrilling honour for Shane and congrats to him!

I haven't heard of many on the list, simply because they're tech or business bloggers and those aren't things I follow very closely. I love that Seth Godin made the list. Also very interesting to see Star Trek The Next Generation's Wil Wheaton, as well. Trek fans have made Wheaton a veritable Twitter star with more than 1.6 million followers! (He also starred in one of my favourite movies of all time - Stand By Me.)

Click here for the list of Forbes' top 25 web celebs.

Do you agree with their choices? Post a comment a let me know!

The photo above is of the #1 person on Forbes' list. If you don't recognize him, click here for his blog.

Congratulations to everyone who made the list! Quite an honour!

No comments: