Tuesday, March 16, 2010

American Idol: Top 12 performance show recap and predictions (aired March 16, 2010)

The Top 12 have finally arrived! After a couple of months of shows and tens of thousands of hopefuls showing up for auditions, we're down to the last dozen!

Last night, the Top 12 performed songs from The Rolling Stones. While there were no disasters, there were a few who stood above the crowd, but I didn't necessarily agree with what the judges were hearing. For example, I thought Lee was much better than the judges believed he was, and I didn't think Siobhan was as good as they said she was.

I was fully expecting Paige to fail because she'd been tweeting dramatically about having a horrible case of laryngitis, but she did quite well! I was very surprised!

My predictions for the bottom three? Tim, Katie and Lacey. Who's my prediction for going home? Click here to read my Idol Chatter column in the Moncton Times & Transcript or click here to read Idol Chatter in Fredericton's The Daily Gleaner.

I'm very happy to welcome aboard Daily Gleaner readers this week. I found out last Friday that the paper would be picking up the column, as well. Thank you and welcome to those of you reading the column for the first time! I lived and worked in Fredericton for nine years and have fond memories of the city.

To find out if my predictions are correct, tune in tonight at 10 p.m. Atlantic (9 p.m. Eastern) on Fox! It's a bit early in the season for a shocker elimination, but you never know! On American Idol, anything can happen!

1 comment:

ben said...

MediaCurves.com polled 3,230 American Idol viewers asking their perceptions of which contestants should be eliminated from the top 12 on tonight’s results show. The contestant with the lowest percentage of votes, who should be eliminated tonight, was Paige Miles, with 4.3% the votes. The study will parallel American Idol voting to determine the weekly winners based on a democratic, “one person, one vote” methodology.
More detailed results can be seen here: http://www.mediacurves.com/Entertainment/J7757-AmericanIdol-3-17-10/Index.cfm