Wednesday, April 14, 2010

American Idol: Recap of Top 9 performance show ... part two!

Last night, the Top 9 performed for the second week in a row after the judges saved Michael "Big Mike" Lynche last week. This week's mentor was last year's runner-up, Adam Lambert, who guided the contestants in their performances of Elvis Presley songs.

The judges certainly had one contestant in their sights last night: Andrew Garcia, who was slaughtered, and rightfully so. Meanwhile Aaron Kelly got so-so comments, but I thought he did much better than the judges thought. Siobhan Magnus didn't have a great week, but she's definitely safe. The surprise of the night was Tim Urban, who got rave reviews from all the judges, even Simon!

Michael Lynche also got good reviews from the judges -- who clearly want him to stay in the competition -- but I thought his absolutely horrible rendition of "In the Ghetto" was unbearable and unrecognizable.

I think Andrew is definitely toast this week... and since there will be two contestants going home tonight, I ended up choosing someone I hope doesn't go! To read who I picked, you'll have to read my column! I do think Big Mike deserves to go, but I think his fans will flock to save him.

Click here to read my Idol Chatter column in today's Moncton Times & Transcript or click here to read Idol Chatter in the Fredericton Daily Gleaner.

To find out which two contestants go home tonight, tune in to Fox at 10 p.m. Atlantic (9 p.m. Eastern).

No comments: