Wednesday, May 05, 2010

American Idol: Recap of Top 5 performance show

One of my favourite singers mentored the Top 5 on the songs of Frank Sinatra this week. I thought Harry Connick Jr. did a great job and was very entertaining. I loved his sense of humour and the repartee between Ellen and him was quite funny.

This was the week when Crystal Bowersox dropped into second place from first, if you ask me. I think Lee DeWyze is now the favourite to win. He just seems like he cares more about winning than Crystal. Also, his performance last night was praised by all.

With Lee and Crystal likely in the Top 2, who does that leave in the bottom three? Well, that would mean Michael "Big Mike" Lynche, Aaron Kelly and Casey James, will duke it out tonight. In my opinion, however, this week it's all over but the crying for Casey, who should be eliminated tonight after his absolutely worst performance this season. I think that's pretty much a given.

If he barely made it through last week after singing brilliantly, I can't see him making it through this week's disaster, especially considering that he really looked like he was giving up.

Read all about it in today's Idol Chatter column appearing in the Moncton Times & Transcript and Fredericton Daily Gleaner.

To find out who goes home this week, tune in to Fox tonight at 10 p.m. Atlantic / 9 p.m. Eastern. If it's anyone but Casey, it will be a real shame. He should go after last night.

No comments: