Friday, September 10, 2010

In memoriam: Pauline Blanchard (1935-2010)

Today, I will be a pallbearer for Pauline Blanchard, a dear person I've known for more than 30 years when her son Marc and I became friends in junior high school. She remained cheerful throughout her lengthy illness and would laugh right up until the end. I know she had particularly good taste in humour because she always laughed at my sarcastic remarks (*wink*) -- surely the sign of someone who was intelligent and sophisticated. (She's probably laughing at that right now!)

I was honoured to be asked to be a pallbearer at her funeral, a duty I do not take lightly. Accompanying me -- among others -- will be two of Pauline's grandsons... and I'm sure Pauline would be happy to know that she's in good hands with them and that they'll take good care of "Mémére" on her final journey.

Here's a wonderful video produced by Pauline's son Marc and daughter-in-law Tammy.

Pauline loved Nana Mouskouri and saw her in concert several times. So, in honour of Pauline, here are some Nana Mouskouri videos.

R.I.P. dear sweet Pauline. I'll miss your laugh.














No comments: